Monday, April 18, 2011

Elizabeth

Until we went to the American Girl Store, I had no idea Kierynn was interested in Elizabeth. She toyed with the idea of getting Elizabeth rather than Kanani but since Elizabeth is retired, the best we could have hoped for was to find one and have her shipped. As it was, there were no stores that had an available Elizabeth so Kanani came home with us.

I started watching eBay and finally found a nice looking Elizabeth at a reasonable price. She arrived today and I found out why she was so reasonable. Her hair is lovely, she has her meet dress but her legs are a bit more floppy than I would like but here is her real issue:


She has ink stains! I am not new to ebay, I should have asked for more pictures but since I didn't, I have to make the best of the situation. I initially only saw the one on her eyebrow but then in better light, I saw the lighter marks under her eyes and on her temple. They look worse in person, truly.

I have her currently undergoing treatment to remove these ink marks (without removing her eyebrow) and hope to post an after picture in a few days.

I have her shirt and socks here. I am not going to worry too much about getting her actual meet ribbon or shoes. I think I make an exisiting pair of shoes look close enough that Kierynn will be happy.

She had a 4 strand braid when she was new, once Elizabeth is looking better, I will braid her hair, redo her pin curls and then she goes away until Christmas.

Rhys has asked me for a brother doll. I have a rewigged Molly that I had planned to use as an Emily era doll but now, this doll will become a brother doll for Rhys. I am contemplating wigs currently to see which will make the best boy for him. He was unimpressed with the Bitty Twin boy doll. I think once the brother doll is in some khaki shorts, hiking boots and a Pokemon shirt, he will look pretty boy like.

No comments:

Post a Comment