Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Easy Lunch Boxes

I got some Easy Lunch Boxes and coolers for the kids to use this year. I sent the coolers off to a friend so she could personalize them for the younger set. Kaitlyn wanted hers left alone.

They came back today and they are so gorgeous! Each of the kids had picked out the color of their cooler and then helped choose which design they wanted. I tried to convince Iain that his name would look better in orange but he insisted on blue and I think it looks nice.

Photobucket


Now that I have the coolers here, I can use the easy lunch boxes themselves. Yes, I know they look like the ones I have been using but trust me, they are not. There is a world of difference in how they feel. While I like the Ziplock ones okay, they are really flimsy and I never expected them to last me a long period of time. The ELB ones are made significantly better (and they have a cool colored lid!)

Photobucket

Nothing in these lunches that you can't really identify except maybe the things in with the cookies. Those are little cookies and cream bites I found at the grocery store... .10 a box so I figured I could give them a try.

Much as I like the ELB containers, you can see I use a plain ole Sterilite container for Greg's lunch. His watermelon is a Glad disposable container and his ranch dressing is in a little container that used to hold finger paints (found 4 finger paint tubs at the Dollar Store marked down to .50. I got them, dumped the paint and washed them out well and they work beautifully)

I like cute so I do go find the cute picks, the sandwich cutters and all that but you don't have to. The kids will eat their lunch without them but I have noticed they eat their lunch much better if it is packed in these containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment