Monday, September 19, 2011

Lunches September 12-16

The lunches for this week.
Photobucket

Everyone: The muffin is a strawberry cheesecake muffin
Kaitlyn: Food safe markers don't really work well on bread
Everyone: the stuff in waxed paper is homemade fruit leather
Kierynn and Rhys had PBJ "sushi" sandwiches

Photobucket

Kinda a boring looking, skimpy lunch but really wasn't. Those are cheese bites in with the sandwiches, not marshmallows. I promise! I don't object to putting marshmallows in lunches but if I do, they don't get in with the sandwich since they get soggy. The treat is a fortune cookie and 2 mini chocolate chip cookies. Greg went out to lunch yesterday so the lunch I made then was just eaten today.

Photobucket

The pizza lunches were a hit! Iain didn't get one since I didn't know if he would eat it. Rhys didn't use his pizza sauce since he never opened the container and assumed it was ranch dressing. The white stuff is vanilla yogurt with sprinkles. Kaitlyn informed me she does not like using a spoon at school so refrain from packing her things that need a spoon.

Photobucket

Fish sandwiches! No actual fish though, it is PBJ

Photobucket

Electric blue jello jigglers. I see why I only had 1 packet of that flavor. The babybel cheese were a mixed success. Cute but not everyone liked them. Iain got his pizza and wants one every day from now on. Somehow, I can't see that happening.

2 comments:

  1. What is the pizza crust? I may need to go buy this.

    You are so inspiring. My kids are in classes one day a week and maybe after payday I will start trying to copy your lunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Pepperidge Farm's Deli Flats for the crust. I used the goldfish shaped bread for Iain's (same thing, just fish shaped)

    ReplyDelete