Tuesday, March 15, 2011

All gone!

Woo hoo! Success! Rhys was very excited when he got off the bus today so he could tell me he ate all his lunch. If it has a pick in it or it is bite sized, he seems to do better with it.

No more cute picks or silicone cups for Iain, he threw them away! I asked him why he threw them out, he told it "it got buried under my trash" Uhm, nothing was in your lunch that goes in the trash. Eat the food, put the picks or cups back in the box and don't go near the trash....that is why the box has a lid. He was not happy when I told him I was not going to give him any thing that I wanted back. He was very much relieved when I told him that I would still use the Ziplock box, just no accessories I want back.

Here are the lunches going out tomorrow: Kierynn (top left), Iain (middle), Rhys (bottom left), Kaitlyn (top right) and Greg (bottom right)



Kierynn: Peanut Butter (by request), cheese slices, mixed fruit, pretzel snaps, 3 girl scout cookies (Dulce De Leche), 3 pretzel snaps, marshmallow bunnies
Iain: Ham (ham and bread only...nothing else. Bleh!) The rest is the same thing Kierynn got
Rhys: PBJ and what Kierynn got
Kaitlyn: PBJ (Chunky), cherry tomatoes, what Kierynn got except the bunnies
Greg: PBH (Chunky) pistachios, grapes, mixed cantaloupe and grapes, cheese, carrots and 2 chocolate chip cookies

Yes, I do tend to make the same things over and over. There are several reasons for this.
1. I know they will eat it
2. For all that I am willing to make minor changes, I am not a short order cook and I am not willing to make 5 totally different lunches
3. I get my fruit at Sam's Club so I have a lot of it at any given time. If I don't put them in lunches daily, it won't get eaten before it goes off


Tomorrow is an exciting day for Kierynn. She turned 8 a few weeks ago so this is her first week that she is able to go to Activity Girls. She has been watching the calendar since January, waiting for this week to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment