Monday, March 21, 2011

Thumbs up

Everyone brought back totally empty boxes today (except for the stuff they should bring back) The adorable fish shaped bread was a total success and it has been requested for sandwiches from here on out. I let them know that it was a special occasion bread, it would show up now and again but probably not on a regular basis.

Ryan surprised me by asking if I would make him a sandwich this evening when I was making lunches. I did but he resisted all my efforts of cutting it, drawing faces on it or doing anything "weird" to it. Who is he calling weird? Both Ryan and Kaity asked me if I would get some whole grain bread for lunches. Sure!

You will notice that Kaitlyn's lunch is missing. When the kids get home, I become a broken record asking for them to put their lunch bags by the phone. I normally ask the smaller ones several times before the migration from book bag to counter begins. I asked Kaity to bring hers up since I was planning to start lunches. She did not. At 14, I am not going to hold her hand so I went on with my lunch making and she brought it up as I was setting up the photo shoot. I declined to make her lunch even thought she batted her beautiful blue eyes at me and said please. I told her to make sure it was up tomorrow since I am not going to get everything out again for her one lunch. I don't really think she is that in awe of my mad lunch making skills, I think she just likes not doing it herself.



Here is the line up for today (or tomorrow...depends on what you want to call it. I make it today, it is eaten tomorrow) This goes left to right
Iain: PBH, cheese bits, grapes, cookie, chocolate covered raisins
Rhys: PBJ, cheese, grapes, apples, carrots, cookie, chocolate covered raisins
Kierynn: PB, cheese, grapes, apples, carrots, cookie, chocolate covered raisins
Greg: PBH, cheese, grapes, carrots, cookies, pistachios

As you can see, I found some new boxes! I took Ryan to Grand Mart to look at the fruit and he got some canned jackfruit and magenstenos. While there, I decided to look around and found these boxes. Kierynn and Rhys said they would like to use them so we got them.



Once I actually started to pack them, I quickly discovered that they are HUGE! They don't look that big but there is a lot of room. I decided to put their drink in there and it worked out well. If you look under Kierynn's drink, you can see her cookie peeking out.

Yes, that is elephant and train shaped cheese. I am not sure if it will be eaten. Both of the two younger kids have said they don't like the cheese I have been using (mild cheddar) I went back to the even more mild Colby Jack and I will see how they like it. They do eat Colby Jack so who knows.

You can't see it but Iain got all the leftover bits from when I cut out the shaped cheese. Greg has bits left from a few days ago. I keep all the extra bits in a bag to use when I need shredded cheese. I also have a bag of crusts in the freezer from when I cut sandwiches so I can make breadcrumbs if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment