Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting Easier

It is getting easier (and thus faster) to make lunches. I tend to do it in a set order. I do the three younger kids first, all the stuff that is not a sandwich. Then I do Kaitlyn's sides. I do all the sandwiches for the kids and put the lid on the box. Next, I do all of Greg's lunch at one go. After his lunch is done, I take the lids off and take a picture. The lids go on to keep the bread from drying out while sitting on the counter. I know it is only about 10 minutes, maybe a bit longer but I got a complaint about dry bread.

Kierynn said her cheese tasted like cantaloupe...which is odd since it was no where near her fruit. I think she just didn't like it cut into strips, she prefers chunks. Iain was not too pleased to find some bread crumbs on his cheese strips. I had just tossed them in there with his sandwich, no separation. Silly me. You will notice that in the latest batch of lunches, his cheese is not touching his sandwich.

'Member how I told you that Iain tossed my cute lil picks I put in his lunch? I sent plain ole wooden toothpicks today and guess what he brought home? ::facepalm:: He throws out the cute stuff that I wanted brought back and brings back the stuff that was okay to put in the trash.




Top left Rhys: PBJ rolls, cheese crackers, cheese chunks (see my attempt at a shamrock?)baby carrots, clementine, 2 grapes, teeny oreo cookies and 3 gummy hearts
Top right: Iain Ham sandwich, cheese chunks, cheese crackers, baby carrots, oreos, gummy hearts
Bottom left: Kierynn Peanut butter rolls, cheese chunks, cheese crackers, baby carrots, clementine, oreos, gummy hearts
Bottom right: GregBPH, baby carrots, cheese chunks, pistachios, grapes, blueberry/strawberry mix and 2 chocolate chip cookies

Where is Kaity's lunch??! She was home from school today and since her lunch was just in the fridge, she can bring it with her tomorrow.

Oh, a note on the portion sizes here. Each kid got 1/2 a cheese stick. They got 1/2 a pack of the little snack sized bags of Oreos, 1 bag of gummy hearts went between all three. Kierynn and Rhys have a whole sandwich there (2 slices of bread) but it is just cut differently. I did Kierynn's first and she has 4 pieces. I decided that they are just a bit big so when I did it for Rhys, I cut his into 6 pieces. 1 clementine went between the 2 kids (Rhys got 4 pieces, Kierynn got the rest) If they actually watched me make their lunches, I would get complaints that there is not enough there and if I put everything in separate baggies, it would look dinky :)

Kierynn went to Activity Girls tonight and loved it. She showed me the bunny she made, the jelly beans inside and the special chocolate heart she got for finding trash to throw away.

Greg, Tinsel and I went out and did a 3 mile run. It was a bit breezy but a nice evening for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment