Monday, March 14, 2011

Too much food!

Rhys is making me nuts, trying to pack his lunch. He is bring the majority home and telling me I am giving him too much, that he doesn't have time to eat it. Now, I am not really giving him more food, I think it is less. It is just spread out. I posted his lunch for today...it was 6 crackers, 6 pieces of cheese (about 1" shaped), maybe 10 thin slices of pepperoni (he likes pepperoni), 10 grapes, 1 strawberry (cut in half), 4 pieces of cantaloupe (1" or less), 1 cookie cut in half and 3 gummy hearts. He ate all the pepperoni, 3 pieces of cheese, half a cracker, 4 grapes, the cookie and the gummies. Everything else came back.

So, for my Rhys man, we are going to have to rethink his meals a bit. I think he is not overly thrilled with the fruit although he does like fruit. Still, no one has complained about the lack of Little Debbie.

Here are the lunches going out tomorrow, top left to right: Kaitlyn, Rhys, Kierynn, Iain and Greg



Kaitlyn: PBJ, cherry tomatoes, grapes, cheese chunks, graham crackers, cookie
Rhys: 1 PBJ cut in 4 shapes, 4 grapes, 1 strawberry, cut in half, cheese (1/2 cheese stick, 2" slice cut in 6 pieces), 1/2 graham cracker, 3 marshmallows (I used a food safe marker, didn't work out so well on bread) I know, it looks like more but really, this is less than I would have packed 2 weeks ago. I would have given him a full cheese stick, more grapes AND a Little Debbie snack!
Kierynn: Cream Cheese, grapes, 1 strawberry, cheese, graham crackers, 3 marshmallows
Iain: Ham, grapes, cheese, graham crackers, 3 marshmallows and after I took the pic, I threw a handful of pretzel snaps above his sandwich
Greg: PBH, grapes, cheese, pistachios, blueberry/strawberry mix, cookie

We went out running tonight, Tinsel enjoyed it. It was the first time in awhile that Greg and I went out together running. GW Parkway Classic 10 miler in April!

1 comment: