Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Success!

Wow, I thought Iain was going to be my tough sell on a new way of doing lunch but I was wrong. As we walked home from the bus, he asked if I would do a "creative" lunch for him tomorrow. I showed him my Glad containers I found at Giant today and he was willing to give it a go as long as his sandwich remained uncut. I got out a slice of bread to show him it would remain cut free.

Greg raved about how great his lunch was. Hmmm, while I think it was a good lunch, I have to wonder if he was just really happy he didn't have to make it himself :D

Rhys was happy with his lunch but did say he didn't like his sandwich being hidden (food was on top of it) and the blueberries were not sweet enough for him.

So this evening, I did 4 lunches bento style. Description below the pic. I decided to take one picture of all four rather than individual shots.

Photobucket


Greg's lunch, upper left: Ham and cheese sandwich, red grapes, apple slices, pistachios, cheese chunks, blueberries (with a little bit of sweetening on it) and 2 cookies. Wait, I also stuck a few baby carrots in there.

Iain's lunch, upper right: Ham sandwich, plain (as in nothing but bread and ham) and UNCUT!, cheese chunks, red grapes, apple slices, cheese crackers, gummy snacks and 2 Tagalongs. He also gets an in class snack in the late morning, usually popcorn.

Rhys's lunch, bottom left: Dinosaur strawberry jam sandwich, red grapes and banana slices, cheese chunks, gummy snacks, cheese crackers and 2 Tagalongs.

Kierynn's lunch, bottom right: Cream Cheese sandwich in a circle, cheese chunks are under it, cherry tomatoes, red grapes, banana slices, cheese crackers, gummy snacks and 2 Tagalongs. She also has an in class snack in late morning, tomorrow will be pretzel snaps.

I would say it took me maybe 25 minutes to do all of these. I did them in assembly line style. All sandwiches first, then I started arranging things. I think the box Rhys is using is actually too large but he wanted to use it. I think if I get him the Pokemon box he wants, it will fit him a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment