Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nifty things

Today was a day for nifty things. No, not the IEP meeting or the kid dental appointment (2 fillings needed) but other stuff I found or had mailed in.

First, I got a couple of skeins of cotton yarn for only .79 each. Between the 2 skeins, I can get 3 dishcloths made. Then, I found wooden candle holder tops that are just perfect to be made into doll bed legs. It is currently drying overnight in the garage. I will post a picture of the bunk beds when they are completed. I found some super cute cupcake papers for .50 a pack, which is good since Iain can toss them.

I found these little beauties! Each pack was only .79 so I got one of each pack they had. They are supposed to be for clay but as you will see below in the lunches, they work just fine on cheese.



Rhys was super excited when I told him his Pokemon lunch box came in the mail today. I used a guideline I found and got him a 450ml box, which is what was recommended for his age. It was smaller than I expected but it works and he is in love.



And finally, the complaints today were: Can I not have any picks in my fruit? What was the green thing on my cheese? (My attempt at a shamrock) and I don't want any berries of any kind...blue or straw. How did I get these picky kids? Lucky for them, they are cute and I love them bunches so I am willing to accommodate them (to a certain point)



Kaitlyn, top left: PBJ, cheese stars (see how nicely they cut?), cherry tomatoes, clementine, grapes, chocolate chip cookie, pretzel snaps
Iain, bottom left: Ham rolls, cheese, crackers, grapes, chocolate chip cookie
Kierynn, upper right: Ham rolls, cheese, crackers, apple slices, chocolate chip cookie
Rhys: bottom left: See Kierynn's lunch. Now, what is interesting here...they have almost the same amount of food. Kierynn has more apple slices because she will eat them, Rhys will more than likely bring a few home.

No lunch for Greg since it is Friday tomorrow and his office usually provides lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment